Be alert to early warning signs of violence, such as angry outbursts, combativeness, and overreaction to seemingly minor issues. Indications of drug or alcohol abuse and displays of intolerance or social withdrawal are also early warning signs.
Please keep property management advised of any potential violent behavior and any orders of protection for your employees. Should you feel threatened by an angry or suspicious person, remove yourself from the situation and notify your employer or building security.
Indicators of when to call 911:
- Verbal or written threats that would cause harm to a person or property
- Physical threats or acts of violence to a person or property
- Threat or evidence of a weapon
- Rage or severe mood swings
- Drug or alcohol-induced state